Designs & Prices
• These cake designs are the result of the information given to Bloomsbury Cakes by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the design, are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions and a diagram will be used to explain what the customer will receive. All prices are non-negotiable and priced according to your exact design and the size of your cake.
Following your consultation / enquiry, your quote is valid for up to 1 month (Wedding Cakes) or 14 Days (Celebration Cakes). Paying your deposit will secure this price & the slot in the diary.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
• All allergy and dietary requirements should be conveyed during the consultation and confirmed verbally unless otherwise stated by the customer. It is the customers responsibility to convey this information.
• Unless otherwise specified all The Rutland Cake Company cakes contain butter (MILK), gluten (WHEAT) and EGGS and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production. We use seperate GF mixer, bowls, baking area and oven.
• The Rutland Cake Company accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
• Our manufacturers and therefore we cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams is 100% stone-free, stones can be missed in rare circumstances may be present.
Consultation and Tasting
• Wherever possible, consultations will take place at the Rutland Cake Company Studio, Oakham Enterprise Park.
• The samples given in the consultation and tasting are made to our standard cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
• The consultation and sampling consultation is free of charge. Please note that we require 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule a consultation. Failure to give this notice will result in a fee of £25.
Payment and deposits
• Customers will receive written quotes with detailed information.
• A deposit of £50 is required to confirm your order.
• Cake deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
• The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 30 days before your wedding reception date. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but we require the balance closed 30 days prior to delivery. Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior may result in your cake order being cancelled.
• Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested via email to naomi@rutlandcakes and in person/via telephone. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. This cost alteration must be paid 14 days prior to your wedding reception date if the cost is over the original total. We reserve the right to change the design at any point if circumstances beyond our control, may compromise the quality of the finished cake, e.g. Melting due to unforseen or unusual weather.
Each cake is made individually by hand, so although every effort is made to ensure consistency, a small amount of variation may occur from the design requested / picture supplied.
f your cake requires fresh flowers then these are not included in the price. We can work with your florist but expect you to make all the necessary arrangements with the florists. Please note The Rutland Cake Company are not responsible for any problems with your fresh flowers.
We cannot take responsibility for any damage rendered to the cake caused by a floral arrangement that was implemented by your florist.
If fresh flowers are used, the cake will be set-up as late as feasibly possible to ensure their freshness throughout the day, but depending on the varieties used & the weather conditions at the time, it may be necessary to cut the cake relatively early on in the proceedings to ensure their freshness for the photography. It is the responsibility of the client to advise the florist the flowers must be non toxic and food safe. The Rutland Cake Company hold no responsibilty for knowledge on safe flower use.
• We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
• All deposits are non-refundable. (This includes deposits for the cake, delivery and set-up ).
• Cake stand deposits are refundable upon the return of the cake stand to The Rutland Cake Compnay studio on our satisfaction.
• The Rutland Cakes Company's cakes can be delivered throughout the East Midlands. We do not charge a flat fee for delivery and assembly. All delivery charges are calculated on a distance and time basis, including consultaion time with the catering supervisor and florist as required. If you choose delivery, it is our intention that your cake will be delivered in perfect condition prior to the start of your event. However we ask for patience with factors that may be beyond our control (e.g. traffic conditions) as we cannot be held liable for any such delays. In some circumstances, we may recommend the cake be delivered 1 day in advance. It is your responsibility to ensure you inform us of your correct ceremony and event time plus the postcode of the venue and contact person. In the unlikely event of late delivery, the maximum compensation will be a refund of the delivery price.
We cannot be held liable for any damage that is rendered to the cake at the venue once we have left the premises. It is with this in mind that we require somebody responsible, to check that they are happy with the cake before we leave.
If you chose to collect the cake, we will not be held liable for any damage to the cake once it has left our premises. Tiered cakes are most at risk during transport; we highly recommend you check your wedding insurance covers cake damage. To ensure your cake is as fresh as possible, we recommend it be collected the day before the wedding.
Late requests for delivery (after securing the booking based on collection) will be accommodated where possible, but cannot be guaranteed, as earlier delivery commitments must take priority.
•Clients may collect from the Rutland Cake Company Studio. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
• The Rutland Cake Company accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly or transportation.
• The Rutland Cake Company accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location. Once delivered we will provide a photograph as proof to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition. Cakes picked up from the studio are checked by the bakery team and checked by the customer on collection. The customer consents that it has been collected in perfect condition by accepting the cake and removing it from the studio. Damages after this point are not The Rutland Cake Companies responsibility.
• All wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.
• Please take care when displaying your cake at your wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations, cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions.
Cake decorations are very delicate items, and we cannot accept responsibility for damage that is done to the cake after it has left our possession. If any damage is rendered to the cake after it has left our possession, then you can advise us and request a repair, which will be costed accordingly, including transport costs if appropriate.
Our portion guides are intended as a guide only. This will vary dependant upon how the chef cuts the cake.
BEST BEFORE DATE / STORAGE CONDITIONS
Your cake is baked to ensure it is fresh for the date of your event, we cannot guarantee its quality if it’s consumed more than 48 hours after the event. Our cakes are made entirely of natural ingredients, so we’d like to remind you that because of this they will not have the extended shelf life of most supermarket cakes, which contain additives and preservatives to ensure their prolonged life. Freezing the cake however, preserves the taste of the sponge and icing as much as feasibly possible, but please bear in mind that it will affect the visual appearance of the icing, as condensation will form upon defrosting.
Food hygiene recommendations recommend that food should only be frozen for a maximum of 3 months Sugar paste cakes should not be refrigerated, as it will cause condensation to form on the surface of the icing. Refrigeration also accelerates the staling of the flour in the cake.
If you have any questions regarding any of our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to call us and we would be delighted to help. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01572 723185.
HOT WEATHER UPDATE - please take extra caution with your cakes in this hot weather - cakes will melt very quickly if left in warm conditions or direct sunlight. Use air con in cars, lay cakes on a flat non slip surface and drive with caution. Keep the cakes in a cool, dry place - not the fridge. Fondant cakes will melt if stored in a fridge and buttercream cakes will be hard. We accept no liability for cakes once they have left our bakery - we have made the cake to be as stable as reasonably can be expected. Please speak to a member of staff for further information on this advice.